Are you publishing a book, newspaper, magazine, newsletter, event program, company report or family history? We specialize in turning words and images into print-ready digital publications in various formats, including PDF and EPUB. These can be distributed electronically or printed to paper. We do all pre-press work, including text editing, design and layout. We will tackle almost any project, large or small. We can also arrange printing, providing quotes from domestic and foreign presses.
1. Outline the type and format of the publication you foresee, including the number of pages. Do you have too much or not enough material for the publication envisioned?
2. Simple mistakes in text can spoil your pride in the finished publication. We have broad experience editing for grammar, spelling and efficient use of words, but no one can edit "facts" on a topic they are not expert. Double check content accuracy.
3. Does your project cry out for the work of an illustrator? I have good working relationships with several visual artists.
4. Once we share a clear vision of the finished publication, I will provide you with a written quote.
5. Let's talk. My relationship with you is always personal, one to one.
I am a journalist with 25 years of newspaper experience as a writer, editor, page designer and supervisor on seven dailies in Canada, Australia and Asia, as well as several years on the writing/design staff of a magazine publisher based in Bangkok. I have long experience working with design, editing, illustration and photo enhancement software. I take pride in everything I do.
Our role is sometimes as a silent partner. If that is your wish, we would be happy to comply. Below are three projects we are pleased to talk about. We wrote, created the illustrations, designed and laid out these ebooks for Salish Sea Pilot Ltd. They are PDF files for use with any tablet, laptop computer or smartphone.
Gulf Islands cruising guide
San Juan Islands cruising guide
Desolation Sound cruising guide